The “charged” Opel Corsa VXR may returnSeptember 8, 2019
A sports novelty will compete with the Ford Fiesta ST.
PSA Group – Vauxhall can once again enter the arena of a supermini hatch hatch Corsa VXR under the Opel brand. The sports model is supposedly already in the plans, although an official decision has not yet been made. Quoting sources close to the British brand, it is reported that executives are weighing the development of the “charged” Corsa.
It is possible that the novelty will receive an electrified power plant, in the event that the new Corsa-e is popular among consumers. Another alternative is the good old ICE.
The decision of the line should be made together with the new owner of Vauxhall, PSA Group, since the possible Corsa VXR will share some units with the new Peugeot 208 GTi. In continental Europe, Opel could revive the OPC name and compete with models such as the Ford Fiesta ST, Renault Clio RS and Volkswagen Polo GTI.
Opel and Vauxhall have enough time left to decide on the Corsa OPC / VXR ,. According to opinion. experts, the debut of the model can take place no earlier than 2021.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air