The charged Golf GTI was compared in drag with the electric car Volkswagen ID.3November 5, 2020
For Volkswagen, as for some other automakers, the path of “abandoning the old and moving to the new” has begun. After many years of advertising its line of all-electric cars, VW has officially introduced several models and released the first.
The first is a compact electric car ID.3. The second model of the brand will be ID.4, a small crossover SUV. In any case, ID.3 is in many ways similar to the Volkswagen Golf, but otherwise very different.
Both the ID.3 and the Golf are compact hatchbacks of similar shape and size, although the eco-friendly model makes much better use of the interior space, giving it an interior size that is more in line with the larger Volkswagen Passat. However, while the Golf is powered solely by traditional internal combustion engines, the ID.3 is fully electric.
Foreign journalists decided to compare which of the two models will be faster in a straight line. The results were a bit surprising, as the new Golf GTI is not just fast, but very fast.
- KIA expands Ceed engine range in Europe
- Peugeot starts selling Landtrek pickup in Latin America
- Drag racing: “charged” hatchback Mercedes-AMG A45 vs. Jaguar Project 8
- Big BMW “nostrils” will be available for older models
- Off-road limousine for parties built on the basis of Chevrolet pickup truck