The British were promised up to 4 thousand dollars in case of refusal to travel by carFebruary 20, 2021
The British authorities will begin paying owners of the most polluting cars up to three thousand pounds ($ 4,200) in case of abandoning their own cars in favor of public transport, bicycles, electric scooters, car sharing or taxis.
According to The Times, a pilot program, which is primarily aimed at reducing traffic congestion and reducing environmental damage, is planned for this spring in Coventry with government support.
Payments will be offered to owners of cars with diesel and gasoline engines manufactured before 2016 and before 2006, respectively. The program will last for two years, after which time its effectiveness will be assessed.
As follows from the information of the British Ministry of Transport, British motorists drove 574 billion km in their own cars the year before last, which is 11% more compared to the figure of five years ago.
- Honda unveils new HR-V hybrid for Europe ahead of late 2021 launch
- Hyundai froze assembly of Kona EV over fire recall
- MINI refreshes John Cooper Works convertible
- Audi introduced the electric crossover Audi Q6 e-tron
- The first pictures of the new Toyota Land Cruiser 300 appeared on the web