The best car of 2020 was chosen in EuropeMarch 2, 2020
In the competition “Car of the Year in Europe” this year, the new generation Peugeot 208 hatchback won, which scored 281 points. In the fight for the championship, the French model left behind the electric cars Tesla Model 3 and Porsche Taycan, which earned 242 and 222 points, respectively.
Next in order are Renault Clio (211 points), Ford Puma (209), Toyota Corolla (152) and BMW 1-Series (133). The points between them were distributed by a professional jury, which includes 60 journalists from 23 European countries.
From Russia, the fate of the finalists was decided by the chief editor of “Auto Review” Mikhail Podorozhansky and journalist Vadim Ovsyankin.
It should be emphasized that this victory was the fifth in the history of the competition for the French brand. The last time Peugeot won in 2017 – then cross 3008 was on the first line.
- French cars significantly lost to the “Japanese” in the ranking of quality
- Volvo worldwide sales drop 25%
- Renault will receive a loan of up to 5 billion euros
- Maserati Ghibli will be the first hybrid of the brand
- A major shareholder reduces its stake in Aston Martin