The anniversary 30-millionth Volkswagen Passat rolled off the assembly lineApril 5, 2019
This is a landmark event for the German mark at the plant in Emden. To this indicator, the company was 46 years old.
Volkswagen automobile plant in German Emden has released an anniversary copy of the popular VW Passat model. The 30-millionth car in a row was a hybrid wagon Volkswagen Passat GTE Variant, painted in a stylish silver shade. The power plant of such a Passat includes a 156-horsepower 1.4-liter gasoline engine, as well as a 115 hp electric motor that is powered by a 13 kWh battery. On one electric this hybrid can overcome distance to 70 kilometers.
The manufacturer is not going to sell the “anniversary” car. It is planned to be used at various events.
Interestingly, the number of cars produced Volkswagen Passat second only to VW Golf. To date, this model has managed to disperse a circulation of 35 million units. The history of the first Passat models began in May 1973, when the German brand launched the production of a new family of cars. The model stood on the conveyor of the very first Volkswagen plant in Wolfsburg.
- Tesla offered independent European services to get official status
- Range Rover Electric Confirmed, Jaguar XJ Delayed
- Volkswagen will produce 500 thousand electric crossovers a year
- The hydrogen truck Mercedes-Benz GenH2 will have a range of 1000 km
- Porsche launches 2.1 MWh mobile charging station