Tests of autonomous minibus started in BerlinAugust 22, 2019
Residents of the German capital are given the opportunity to take part in testing an unmanned minibus in normal road conditions.
An electric bus with 6 seats will run in the Tegel area between the final stop of the 6th metro line and the embankment of Lake Tegel. According to local media, the new electric bus travels along a pre-studied route of 1.2 km in length and stops at all 4 stops, each time opening the doors for entry and exit.
Moreover, the maximum speed of the vehicle does not exceed 15 km / h. No travel tickets required. The number of regular passengers included an attendant who monitors trips and can intervene in case of problem situations.
Based on the data obtained during the tests before the end of the year, conclusions will be drawn on how this vehicle functions, how its sensors respond to the environment and weather, and how Berlin citizens generally relate to unmanned trips.
- New BMW M4 convertible spotted at the Nurburgring
- Honda NSX has zero sales this year
- Atelier G-Power has modernized the BMW M5
- Spotted a prototype of the updated crossover Jaguar E-Pace 2021
- Tuners from Manhart unveil Mini JCW GP in iconic green