Tesla’s fourth-generation autopilot processor to begin production before the end of this yearAugust 19, 2020
It became known that the Tesla autopilot component base went through three major evolutionary stages.
To begin with, the company abandoned Mobileye components in favor of NVIDIA products, and later, by 2018, it created its own neuroprocessor. It is known that serial Tesla electric cars from 2019 have on-board computers based on it. According to the latest information, it became known that his successor is already ready. For several weeks, the head of Tesla has not ceased to repeat that the brand’s existing electric vehicles by the end of this year can receive new software that allows them in the vast majority of situations to move on public roads without any driver’s involvement in driving.
There is information that in the development of the fourth generation chip, the company’s engineers relied on the support of Broadcom, and the Taiwanese company TSMC will produce it. Note that in the fourth quarter of this year the production of trial batches of the processor will start in the amount of no more than 2,000 silicon wafers.
- Hyundai Elantra N TCR or full-fledged racing car
- Interior view: vigorous acceleration of the powerful crossover VW Tiguan R 2021
- Changan Uni-V concept car unveiled in Beijing
- Foton showed a pickup very similar to the Ford F-150
- Premium brand Hongqi unveils minibus concept in Beijing