Tesla with autopilot left the jumping wheel.July 11, 2020
A video appeared on the Internet that showed how the Autopilot system on the Tesla Model 3 electric car helped the driver avoid a severe accident that could be caused by a wheel jumping along the road. The video was posted on YouTube.
A torn off tire suddenly flew in from the opposite direction. The driver noted that he managed to react to the situation, however, the Autopilot prevented the occurrence of skidding, quickly stabilized the car, and then returned it back to the lane. The owner of the electric car said that otherwise he could provoke a serious accident with cars in neighboring rows.
In this case, the Autopilot system does not always manage to avoid a collision. For example, an unusual car accident occurred in Taiwan at the end of May: the Tesla Model 3 electric car, traveling with the Autopilot function turned on, crashed into an inverted truck on the highway. The Tesla driver told police that he was driving with the Autopilot semi-automatic control function on at a speed of about 110 km per hour. According to him, the electronics did not react to the obstacle, so he pressed the brake pedal himself, however, “it was already too late.”
- 15-minute flight on electric air taxi Volocopter will cost €300
- Lexus has created a special series for America LX Inspiration
- Updated BMW 2 Series undergoes high-speed tests
- Updated hydrogen sedan Toyota Mirai will be released this year
- Mercedes was the first to create vehicles on solid-state batteries