Tesla will open a new design center in EuropeJanuary 26, 2020
At the same time, Elon Musk will rename all the plants of the brand
The head of Tesla, Elon Musk, shared his plans to open the first European brand design center and rename existing plants in a single corporate style.
Today, all Tesla electric cars are created by a design studio in the California city of Hawthorne. The brand’s engineering center is located in Palo Alto, and the American plant in Fremont. The European design center is likely to be located in Berlin next to the future factory, formerly known as Gigafactory 4. In Germany, Tesla already has an engineering center called Advanced Automation Germany (formerly Grohmann Engineering), which deals with automation issues at all Gigafactories.
Musk recently announced the opening of an engineering center at the Chinese Gigafactory 3, where they could even develop a new Tesla electric car in the future. In addition, he decided to rename all the plants, replacing the digital index with a geographical reference. For example, Gigafactory 1, which produces batteries and power plants for Model 3, will soon become Giga-Nevada, Gigafactory 2, which makes solar panels – Giga-New York, Gigafactory 3 – “Giga-Shanghai”, and “Gigafactory 4” – “Giga-Berlin”.
- Porsche Taycan drift on test track in Lapland
- Japan released titanium bracelets with the Nissan GT-R logo
- Rolls-Royce Cullinan painted in the national racing color of Great Britain
- The most expensive Bentley: ash paint, 5,000-year-old wood and other Bacalar improvements
- Take a look at the Toyota Land Cruiser with a tent on the roof and mileage of half a million kilometers