Tesla will not be updated, but will learn to quickly “think”July 9, 2019
Elon Musk revealed Tesla plans for 2019
Tesla does not plan to update the Model X and Model S in the traditional way, but for older electric vehicles, there is a switch to the latest FSD processors, which will replace the Nvidia.
Responding to the questions of her followers on Twitter, Elon Musk mentioned that the company does not intend to release restyled versions of existing models and revise the interior design. But the automaker plans to replace the Nvidia processor with its own FSD (full self-driving) development on older cars. This solution is already being used on the recently released Model S and Model X.
Tesla FSD is responsible for autopilot function in electric vehicles and is a pair of processors on one board, which are 21 times more productive than Nvidia. Moreover, for some car owners, the installation of a new chip will be free – in particular, you will not have to pay those who have already purchased the full autopilot package.
According to preliminary data, the transition to new processors will begin in the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Former rally driver showed his collection of almost 38 thousand cars
- FCA announces launch of several environmental initiatives at Turin manufacturing facility
- Volvo has assembled trucks in a 15-meter tower
- Toyota invests $ 400 million in unmanned technology
- Nissan Leaf receives N-Tec special edition