Tesla will build an updated Model Y in GermanySeptember 4, 2020
Tesla will manufacture the new Model Y at its first European plant near Berlin. This was announced by CEO Elon Musk on Thursday, September 3, during a visit to the plant under construction.
“We’re not just going to create a copy of Model Y, we have completely redesigned the fundamentals of the production process,” the head of the company said in an interview. Earlier, during Tesla’s Battery Day, Elon Max posted more details on the changes. “This is the first time our platform design has been redesigned, making it much easier to manufacture a European Model Y.”
The Model Y was introduced in March 2019 and has been on the market since spring this year. The Berlin plant will be open in about a year, and then it could start producing cars. About 500,000 units can roll off the assembly line annually. As a reminder, Tesla had been planning to build a plant in Europe since 2017 and finally found a suitable location in Grünheide.
- Bill Gates doesn’t believe in electric cars
- Two Lamborghini Sian hybrid supercars arrive in London
- Peugeot introduced the updated crossovers Peugeot 3008 and 5008
- SSC Tuatara hypercar sets new world speed record
- Diesel cars will disappear before gasoline ones