Tesla was able to sell more than 88 thousand cars in the first quarter of 2020April 3, 2020
The first quarter of this year was the most successful in the history of the company. The entry into the market of the new model helped a lot.
The American automaker Tesla shared information on the sales and production of its cars for the first quarter of 2020. Relevant data were released on Thursday, April 2. In the first three months, Tesla was able to sell 88.4 thousand new cars worldwide. This result was the best for the company in its history. It is noteworthy that Tesla was able to achieve great success amid the spread of the coronavirus epidemic and a decline in the automotive market in the world.
The vast majority of purchases were made on Model 3 and the new Model Y. 76.2 thousand people stopped their choice on these cars. Model S and Model X in total sold 12.2 thousand copies.
Two factors influenced the sales growth mainly – the Model Y car entered the market ahead of schedule, and the start of production of Tesla machines in China also played a role.
Due to subsidies from the Government of China, the cost of Tesla cars in the Middle Kingdom is slightly lower than in the USA. According to the results of the first three months, 102,672 cars came off the assembly lines of Tesla factories, which is 2% less than in the last quarter of 2019, but 33% higher than the result of the first quarter of 2019.
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system