Tesla wants to start building a new factoryJune 20, 2020
The American automaker plans in the summer to begin construction of a new plant, which will be located either in Texas or in Oklahoma.
Tesla is currently negotiating with the authorities of the two US states to host the new Gigafactory. Construction in the southwestern United States is scheduled to begin in the third quarter of this year.
The company has not yet decided on the location of its factory: Texas and Oklahoma. However, it is already known that the production of the new Tesla Cybertruck pickup truck and Model Y SUV will be launched here.
The company invests about $ 1 billion in the construction of a new plant. its area will be about 500 thousand square meters. To locate a business in Oklahoma, tax breaks are needed.
The only Tesla car assembly plant in the US in Fremont, California, covers a slightly larger area. It is noted that this is not a large enough platform for an ever-growing company.
- A prototype of the updated Honda Accord 2021 was spotted on tests
- Hyundai will have a division to develop walking machines
- Tesla Model 3 for the police paid for itself in a year
- Chery Arrizo Star showed ample customization options
- Ford finishes production of powerful Mustang Shelby GT350 coupe