Tesla Spoiled Toyota StatsJanuary 30, 2019
The Japanese company has recognized that the launch of Tesla Model 3 for sale has influenced sales of the Prius. According to the CEO of Toyota Motor North America, Jim Lenz, the company noticed an outflow of buyers in the US by about 9%. About half of them are Prius owners who preferred Tesla.
Interestingly, Toyota openly acknowledged the fact that one of the largest automakers in the world loses in competition to a small electric car manufacturer, since companies often do not even recognize the existence of competition.
Last year, Tesla released a rating of cars that car owners give in payment Model 3. At the same time, the Prius topped the list. The BMW 3-Series came in second place, followed by the Honda Accord, Honda Civic and Nissan Leaf.
Also in 2018, the Tesla Model 3 officially became the best-selling premium-class car in the United States, but it also affects other segments, including mid-size sedans, despite the fact that its cost is much higher.
- GM didn’t plan on making an electric Hummer, it just happened
- Ford believes robots will not replace humans when assembling cars
- See the unique Ferrari Omologata
- Tesla had to recall nearly 50,000 vehicles in China
- New Toyota Urban Cruiser cheaper than Hyundai Creta caused a stir among buyers