Tesla Slows Production at California PlantMarch 19, 2020
The US company plans to reduce the number of workers at its plant in Fremont, California, by about 75%.
According to Automotive News, such a statement was made by representatives of Alameda County. At the same time, local authorities expect that the enterprise will be completely closed due to coronavirus for at least 2 weeks. However, the work at the plant seems to be going on for her day at the usual pace, but with a clear violation of order. According to CNBC, Tesla HR Director Valerie Workman said she remains open because of “conflicting directions” she received from various government agencies.
The announced reduction in workers appears to have been the result of negotiations between the automaker and local authorities. However, Tesla has not yet commented on the situation.
About 10 thousand people work at the brand’s factory in Fremont. Tesla recently sent employees a letter advising them not to come to work if they have any symptoms. Workers were given the opportunity to stay home without pay or a fine.
- Hot hatches Toyota and Honda fought in drag in the rain
- In the US, they offered to give part of the fine to police informants
- BMW promised the imminent debut of “stunning” model
- Sales of hybrid Volkswagen Arteon started in Europe
- New Renault Megane will debut next year