Tesla settles lawsuit against its former engineerApril 17, 2021
Tesla and its former engineer Cao Guangzhi, who worked on the autopilot software, have resolved the conflict, according to published reports. The details of the decision were not disclosed, but it is known that the former employee of the American corporation paid a certain fine, the amount of which is not known.
Note that following the announcement of the settlement of the conflict, the former Tesla employee resigned from XMotors, where he worked up to that point. In turn, the startup said that it respects the intellectual property of competitors and relies solely on its own developments.
Recall that in 2019, Tesla sued its former engineer Cao Guangzhi, accusing him of stealing the source code of the autopilot software, and then transferring it to his new job at XMotors, owned by the Chinese Xpeng.
- The renderings presented the radical evolution of the design of the Chevy Silverado pickup
- Details about the extreme sedan BMW M3 CS have appeared
- The new Toyota Corolla Cross crossover is being tested on US roads
- Nissan will not be able to produce half a million cars due to a shortage of chips
- The new Opel and Vauxhall Vivaro-e received a hydrogen unit with a range of 400 km