Tesla Semi electric truck caught on load testsJuly 1, 2019
The company started the road tests of a long-range truck on electric traction last fall, when electric vehicles were regularly noticed in various states of America. Now Tesla Semi has finally reached the load test.
An electric truck with a semi-trailer loaded with concrete blocks was picked up on the Californian highway. Such a tandem clearly demonstrates that the American manufacturer of electric cars, in all likelihood, is testing its novelty for carrying capacity. Recall the official numbers in Tesla have not yet called. It is known that the tractor hit the Network at once nine concrete blocks, the mass of each of them is about 1,800 kilograms. The total weight of the cargo, according to uncomplicated calculations, exceeds the mark of 16 tons.
Together with the electric truck itself, whose weight is equal to 7 thousand kilograms, more than half of the total mass of the road train is already out of 36 tons.
In general, the capacity of the Tesla Semi will depend on its specific modification – Standart or Long Range, differing from each other in range. Taking into account that own weight of Semi will be about 6 800-9 000 kilograms, it turns out that the payload will approach the mark of 20-23 tons.
- Financial bubble may emerge in the electric car market
- Lamborghini Jarama, a charismatic sports car, celebrates its 50th anniversary
- Tesla wants to build third-generation charging stations in China
- Volkswagen will stop selling Passat sedan in Europe
- Tesla is already worth more than $ 550 billion – it entered the Top 6 most valuable companies in the US