Tesla received permission to sell Model 3 in EuropeJanuary 22, 2019
Tesla Motors received European vehicle type approval for the Model 3, paving the way for the launch of a compact electric sedan in the region.
Earlier, Tesla stated that the first deliveries of Model 3 in the Long Range version to Europe will begin in late February. The permit was issued by the Dutch department of RDW, and this is a crucial moment for a company that expects a very difficult year.
Recently, Tesla announced that it was going to cut several thousand jobs to profit from low-cost versions of the Model 3, and the markets of Europe and China are considered to be key to supporting the revenues of the American company, since the premium-class sedan market in Europe is twice as large similar US market.
The appearance of the Model 3 in Europe should put serious pressure on the traditional leaders of the premium segment, such as BMW and Mercedes, because in the US, this version was able to surpass sales of the 3 Series from BMW. At the same time, Tesla expansion will affect not only the traditional segment, but also the segment of medium-sized SUVs.
- The consequences of towing a car in parking mode were shown in the photo
- Selfdriving Ford Mondeo to be tested in Oxford
- Electric SUV Mercedes EQC 4 × 4² tested in Italy
- Nissan is preparing an update to the popular frame pickup Navara
- Volkswagen has released a methane version of the Golf TGI