Tesla recalls its employees from a German factoryMarch 14, 2020
The Americans began to return from Berlin, where they work at the first electric car factory in Europe.
According to Automobilwoche, Tesla is returning about 30 US employees home due to growing concerns about the spread of coronavirus in Germany.
Tesla said that this move will not affect the start of the construction of his factory in Grünheide, near the capital of Germany.
President Donald Trump announced Wednesday night that the United States will significantly limit travel from Europe for 30 days, starting Friday at midnight.
This is a blow to Tesla boss Ilon Mask, who in less than two years has been striving to turn a remote woodland into the home of a modern automobile factory.
The project cost is estimated at 4 billion euros. After completion of construction, it is expected that up to 12,000 people will work at the Tesla plant, which will produce batteries, transmissions and vehicles, including a Y-model crossover, a Model 3 sedan and future cars, according to company applications. The projected production volume will be up to 500,000 cars per year.
- The consequences of towing a car in parking mode were shown in the photo
- Selfdriving Ford Mondeo to be tested in Oxford
- Electric SUV Mercedes EQC 4 × 4² tested in Italy
- Nissan is preparing an update to the popular frame pickup Navara
- Volkswagen has released a methane version of the Golf TGI