Tesla prohibits car deliveries to JapanMarch 19, 2020
Sharp filed a patent infringement lawsuit against the Japanese division of Tesla, seeking an injunction to stop importing some electric vehicles into Japan, a source familiar with the matter said Wednesday.
A lawsuit filed in Tokyo alleges that mobile equipment installed on some Tesla models infringes on Sharp patents, said a source who declined to be identified due to the sensitive nature of the problem.
A Sharp spokesman declined to comment, while Tesla did not immediately respond to a Reuters request by email.
Sharp, a division of Taiwanese Foxconn, has been active in patent infringement cases in recent months, blaming US television brand Vizio Inc and Chinese smartphone maker OPPO.
- Tesla sues Chinese media over negative reporting on Shanghai plant
- 2022 “charged” BMW X3 M and M4 spotted in tests
- Look at the pink Rezvani Tank with lemon interior
- Humvee hijacked from military warehouse found in Los Angeles River
- Lottery Winner Cannot Pick Up Chevrolet Corvette Won From Dealer