Tesla prohibits car deliveries to JapanMarch 19, 2020
Sharp filed a patent infringement lawsuit against the Japanese division of Tesla, seeking an injunction to stop importing some electric vehicles into Japan, a source familiar with the matter said Wednesday.
A lawsuit filed in Tokyo alleges that mobile equipment installed on some Tesla models infringes on Sharp patents, said a source who declined to be identified due to the sensitive nature of the problem.
A Sharp spokesman declined to comment, while Tesla did not immediately respond to a Reuters request by email.
Sharp, a division of Taiwanese Foxconn, has been active in patent infringement cases in recent months, blaming US television brand Vizio Inc and Chinese smartphone maker OPPO.
- Tesla will accelerate the acceleration of its electric cars for $ 2,000
- One of 15 Porsche sports cars will be sold at auction for 280,000 euros
- Chinese Qoros to bring “prophetic” concept to Beijing
- Hyundai Tucson crossover will become a hallmark for the brand
- Charged Ford Mustang Mach-E GT arrives in Europe