Tesla plans to build a new version of Model 3 in ChinaFebruary 15, 2020
According to a government document, Tesla is currently seeking approval from China’s top management for the construction of a new version of Model 3 in the China
According to foreign publications, the new Model 3 will have a larger power reserve. Like the current Chinese Model 3, which boasts an electric mileage of over 400 km, this new one will also be equipped with rear-wheel drive.
Tesla began delivering cars from its factory in Shanghai back in December, but imported Model 3s with longer cruising ranges and all-wheel drive are still available to order. The US manufacturer resumed production in Shanghai this week after the government completed a forced holiday established due to a coronavirus.
Earlier this year, Tesla lowered the price of its Model 3, built in China, by 16%. This year, the company also plans to more than double the number of dealerships in China, as well as increase Model 3 production at the new plant in Shanghai, which is designed to produce 250,000 cars a year. Only 30% of the Chinese supply chain is localized, and Tesla plans to receive all the necessary parts from Chinese suppliers by the end of this year.
- Skoda prepares rival Renault Duster for sale
- Mercedes-Benz CL600 coupe from the 90s for sale
- Tesla will build a new plant to assemble trucks and sports cars
- All-new Nissan Skyline R34 sports car for half a million dollars at auction
- Photos of the new Hyundai Ioniq 5 with solar panels on the roof published