Tesla patents a new radarJanuary 14, 2021
This is evidenced by a Tesla filing released by the FCC.
Tesla has filed a patent for a new “millimeter-wave radar sensor”, according to published data. Not so long ago, speedme.ru reported that the Model Y crossover was seen on public roads with a set of additional sensors – then experts suspected the company was using lidar. Everything would be fine, but shortly before that, the founder of the company, Elon Musk, said on Twitter that Tesla would never use lidars to implement an autonomous control system.
By the way, just a few days ago, in one of his interviews, Musk again said that Tesla would continue to rely on machine vision, cameras and radars to implement autopilot in its electric vehicles.
It is worth noting that all Tesla cars are equipped with one radar, which is always directed forward. It is one of the many components that provide Full Self-Driving technology in vehicles. It is also worth mentioning that we will not know the details of the new radar until about the end of the summer – Tesla has filed a confidential patent application.
- Third generation Haval H6 SUV prices announced
- BMW plans to double EV sales in 2021
- Mercedes-Benz has published details of the new electric crossover EQA
- Automotive brands that patent the most innovations named
- Former Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn may go to jail for 10 years