Tesla patented the original windshield wiperAugust 20, 2020
Tesla filed a patent application for an unusual windshield wiper at the beginning of 2019, and the patent itself was published in September, but it turned out to be only today.
The mechanism uses only one brush, making a plane-parallel movement over the entire surface of the windshield, and it is set in motion due to the effect of “magnetic levitation”. And at rest, thanks to a separate mechanism, the brush can be folded down at the lower edge of the glass.
The new invention has a number of advantages over a standard wiper, including the absence of rubbing elements in the drive, high speed of movement and virtually no uncleaned areas on the glass.
Unfortunately, this is only a patent so far: Tesla has not yet demonstrated such a wiper in operation. Probably, such a drive will be equipped with a Cybertruck pickup, which has an almost flat windshield.
- New Skoda Fabia will receive a station wagon variation
- Revealed Ford’s fastest electric crossover
- 2021 Peugeot 5008 will try on police livery
- Introduced the updated Jaguar F-Pace SVR
- VW ID.6 electric crossover spotted in trials