Tesla patented a new steering wheel for electric carsFebruary 11, 2020
On the new steering wheel appeared transmission control.
According to the data presented in the document of the US Patent Office, the new steering wheel for American electric cars Tesla. The gearbox controls will be located on the new steering wheel and now a touchscreen will appear on the bottom of the wheel for switching driving modes.
It is specified that the new steering wheel will receive illuminated indicators for activating driving modes, and this configuration will abandon the classic gear selector. In addition, multimedia control, as well as autopilot and voice recognition functions, will appear on the new touch screen.
As for the physical switches, the gateway, wiper and horn buttons will still remain.
- Honda CR-V, Accord and NSX will go electric
- Alibaba founded e-mobility startup in China with SAIC
- What will the Renault Megane look like when it switches to electricity?
- Lotus partner to create lithium-sulfur battery for luxury boat
- See the giant Mad Max snow blower for Pikes Peak