Tesla overtakes Toyota in capitalizationJuly 2, 2020
It is reported by Bloomberg.
According to media reports, the American corporation Tesla topped the ranking of capitalization of automakers, ahead of Toyota and Volkswagen. So, in the first quarter of this year, the company produced 103,000 cars, which is 4% of the total number of cars assembled by Toyota plants.
At the same time, the value of Tesla securities continues to grow – so, since the beginning of this year, it has almost doubled. Thus, the company’s capitalization is 207.2 billion dollars against 201.9 billion dollars from Toyota. Volkswagen has a capitalization of 78.92 billion dollars.
At the same time, the Tesla board of directors is considering the possibility of expelling Elon Mask from the board because of his bonus transaction, which could bring the founder of the company up to $ 56 billion. This step was supported by specialists from Pensions & Investment Research Consultants, noting that such a bonus would unfairly enrich Mask.
- The dynamics of the new BMW M5 CS showed on video
- Ferrari brought the mysterious Ferrari GTC4Lusso to tests
- Cupra Formentor will receive a cyclist detection function
- Chief Process Engineer becomes the new CEO of Lotus
- Polestar releases wireless update for Polestar 2