Tesla moves to ChinaJanuary 17, 2020
The American automaker announced its intention to build a design and research center in China.
Tesla plans to open a design and research center in China to give its vehicles a “Chinese style,” the company said in a statement on its official WeChat account.
On Wednesday, it announced the recruitment of designers and other employees to achieve this goal. Applications are accepted until February 1, but so far the location of the center is not indicated. In addition, the start date of the new center is not specified.
“To achieve the transition from Made in China to Designed in China, Tesla CEO Elon Musk proposed a very cool thing – to create a design and research center in China,” the statement said.
Recall that the first Tesla factory outside the United States was established in the eastern part of Shanghai, and this month it began supplying locally produced Model 3 electric cars. Note that the other day the American company introduced the design sketches of the new model. According to unconfirmed information, Tesla plans to release an electric hatchback for sale exclusively in the Chinese market.
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network