Tesla may start accepting Bitcoin payments againJune 14, 2021
Elon Musk again decided to stir up investor interest in the first cryptocurrency and made a statement on his Twitter.
According to Elon Musk, the founder and head of Tesla, the automaker will start accepting payments in bitcoins again soon, but on certain conditions. So, the inventor emphasized the importance of the environmental friendliness of the crypto coin.
In May, the American company Tesla suspended the sale of its cars for bitcoins due to the use of fossil fuels for mining cryptocurrencies, in particular, coal.
“When there is confirmation of a reasonable (approximately 50%) use of energy from clean sources by miners, with a positive trend in the future, Tesla will again allow transactions using bitcoins,” Musk wrote on his Twitter.
Recall that Tesla began accepting cryptocurrency to pay for its cars at the end of March. The company’s website even had a decryption of the entire mechanism. So, to pay from your own wallet, you just need to scan the generated QR code or manually enter the company’s wallet address and the amount. At the same time, payment can only be made from one wallet.
This statement once again pushed the cryptocurrency rate up. So, according to the Coindesk service, its cost has grown by 2.82% and is now $ 55,362.
- Israeli electric brand Ree Automotive to establish production in the USA
- Updated crossover KIA Soul 2023 with internal combustion engine showed in the first photos
- Photospin photographed the electric Genesis Electrified GV70 while charging
- Will the 2021 Ford Bronco beat the Jeep Wrangler in drag racing?
- Introduced cool restomod based on Jeep Grand Wagoneer SUV