Tesla may bring down prices for electric carsMay 15, 2020
The founder of the American company, Elon Musk intends to present a new battery, which will debut on the Tesla Model 3 electric car. The presentation of the battery should take place before the end of May.
According to insiders, Tesla has developed a new rechargeable battery, which inside the company is called the “Million Mile Accumulator,” which will significantly increase the range of electric cars, as well as reduce the cost of this type of vehicle to the prices of classic ICE cars.
In addition, it is reported that the new batteries will have a significantly longer life, and the first model to receive a new product will be the Tesla Model 3 sedan for the Chinese market. Updated models will begin to roll off the assembly lines at the end of 2020 or the beginning of 2021.
The new battery was the result of a collaboration between Tesla developers and a team of experts hired by Elon Musk. Tesla’s CEO also intends to launch several automated battery manufacturing plants to avoid future downtime.
Musk has already announced Battery Day, due in May. It is expected that as part of this event, the head of the American company will talk about the new development officially.
- Sales of “charged” versions of liftback and station wagon Volkswagen Arteon started in Europe
- Great Wall showed Chinese electric car with Porsche Panamera design
- Mazda will release a special series of sedans and station wagons Mazda 6 Kuro Edition
- Tesla settles lawsuit against its former engineer
- Subaru recalls nearly a million vehicles