Tesla has set an electric car sales recordJanuary 4, 2020
2019 was the most successful year for the American brand both in production and in the sale of new cars.
The American manufacturer of electric cars Tesla continues to increase global sales of its cars. According to TechCrunch, at the end of 2019, Tesla sold 367.5 thousand new cars. This result is 50% better than last year. The beginning of 2019 was not very successful for the company Ilona Mask – in the first quarter, Tesla electric cars were sold 63 thousand times. However, already in the second quarter, Tesla was able to sell 95.2 thousand new cars, and in the fourth quarter, a record was set at all – 112 thousand cars sold.
In the fourth quarter, Tesla Model 3 became the most popular – brand dealers managed to sell 92,550 of these cars, while Model S and Model X accounted for 19,450 cars sold.
Recall that in the fourth quarter there was a presentation of the long-awaited Tesla Cybertruck pickup truck, which caused great excitement among buyers. The company has already begun accepting orders for the new product.
- Carlex Design atelier unveiled the exterior of the new Land Rover Defender
- New Haval H6 will receive a hybrid power plant
- A motorhome based on the Hummer H1 SUV went on sale
- Genesis has decided on the date of the debut of the new crossover GV70
- Ex-Tesla employee will pay the automaker $ 400 thousand to reveal trade secrets