Tesla has bet on the wrong feature pickupJuly 19, 2019
As you know, the company is working on an electric pickup truck, which focuses on the range and performance. Meanwhile, owners of pickups, as a recent study by Cox Automotive shows, are more important than reliability.
The survey revealed only 5.8% of buyers of full-size pickups, who consider road performance as the most important factor in their decision to purchase. More than a third (31.3%) of the most important is called reliability. Thus, Tesla’s pickup truck must meet or even exceed the reliability of such major players as the Ford F-150, Ram Truck and Chevrolet Silverado to cover a significant part of the market.
Meanwhile, reliability can be a serious problem, since other Tesla models have already been found not to meet this requirement. The authoritative edition of Consumer Reports has arrived at the conclusion that Model X is unreliable. Identified some problems with reliability in Model 3 and Model S.
Meanwhile, Elon Musk hinted earlier that the Tesla pickup truck would cause Ram to cringe and beat the Ford F-150, mainly in terms of performance and towing capabilities.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air