Tesla electric cars will fall in price by at least 20%December 18, 2019
Tesla plans to lower prices for electric cars using parts manufactured in China, as well as Chinese-made Tesla Model 3, by 20% or more.
According to Bloomberg, the cost reduction for Model 3 is planned for the second half of 2020. In addition, the American company reduces the cost of production at its plant in Shanghai through the use of equipment and parts produced directly in the Middle Kingdom and, as a result, reduce the volume of imported products from the United States and avoid related duties.
At the moment, the electric sedan, off the assembly line of the Shanghai Tesla plant, costs about 355.8 thousand yuan and the first batch will be released at the end of January next year. Since December 6, Tesla Model 3 as a fully electric car can count on China’s government subsidies.
- Electric crossover Volvo XC40 Recharge will be disassembled in the name of safety
- Ford rolls out a rechargeable version of the new generation Ranger pickup truck for tests
- 2022 BMW X1 first shown in renders
- Jaguar F-PACE gets two new special editions in Italy
- Maserati Grecale crossover to debut in November