Tesla cuts electric car prices due to coronavirusMay 27, 2020
The American company was forced to lower prices for its electric cars due to lack of demand.
According to Reuters, Tesla cars fell sharply – a drop in prices for American electric cars was 6%. The company noted that they took such a step because of a decrease in demand for cars as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
If earlier they asked for almost 80 thousand dollars for a Tesla Model S sedan, now you can buy a car for 5 thousand dollars cheaper. By a similar amount, the Model X crossover has become more affordable. The price of an affordable Model 3 has decreased by $ 2 thousand.
In China, Tesla also changed its price lists: minus 4% of the previous price for Model S and Model X. The cost of the Model 3 sedan remained unchanged, since it is produced in the Middle Kingdom. At the same time, Supercharge charging stations will be paid.
- MINI confirms production of electric crossover
- Chevrolet K5 Blazer turned into an electric car
- Electric Kia Soul brought to the “moose test”
- The interior of the Porsche Panamera Turbo S has been improved
- Ferrari is testing a mysterious prototype