Tesla changed her mind: the prices will not be lowered, but increasedMarch 11, 2019
Tesla has decided that it will not close the physical stores to reduce the prices of cars.
Instead, the manufacturer of electric vehicles will close only part of the points of sale and increase prices by 3%. Current prices for Tesla cars will last until March 18. After that, the company will raise prices for the Model S, Model X, as well as for expensive Model 3 configurations. The company promises to keep the price for the basic configuration of the Model 3 – $ 35,000.
“During the last two weeks, we carefully analyzed the situation with each Tesla sales point and decided that we would leave a significantly larger number of stores than previously announced … As a result, Tesla will need to raise car prices by an average of 3% worldwide “- said the company Ilona Mask.
“In other words, we will close only half of the stores, but cost savings will be halved.”
- Green Ferrari collection put up for sale
- Volkswagen accused of unfair competition
- Hybrid hypercar McLaren Saber showed on patent images
- Hengchi 1 electric sedan production begins in China
- Volkswagen Group uses Audi brand to catch up with Tesla in electric vehicle production