Tesla CEO confirms company plans to launch electric vanFebruary 12, 2021
The billionaire spoke about this in his interview on the Joe Rogan podcast.
Back in the summer of 2020, rumors leaked to the network that the American company Tesla was developing an all-electric van. The other day this information was confirmed by the head and founder of the corporation, Elon Musk. Note that the mention of the van came during a conversation about installing solar panels on the roof of a car, and Musk said that such a move only makes sense in the case of a large car.
Thus, the new van from Tesla can be equipped with solar panels, which will unfold during stops and increase in size three times. This alternative power system is expected to enable the vehicle to travel up to 50 kilometers per day. In this vein, Musk stated that “… that would be great. A van that can be driven even in the event of an apocalypse. “
That being said, the best way to use solar panels would be to mount them on the roof of the van. They could provide additional range for the car itself, as well as provide power for additional energy consumers.
- GM unveils smallest Wuling MINIEV convertible in brand history
- NIO installs first 2nd generation battery replacement station in Beijing
- Porsche celebrates 20th anniversary in China with 911 Turbo S Anniversary Edition
- Mansory atelier presented a shocking version of the Ferrari F8 Tributo
- Honda Reveals 2 Fun Carbon Fiber Electric Car Concepts