Tesla announces large-scale recall of its carsFebruary 13, 2020
We are talking about 15 thousand cars that are located in the United States and Canada.
American electric car maker Tesla has announced the launch of a major recall campaign for its cars. The review includes Tesla Model X, which were implemented in the United States and Canada. In the United States, 14 193 such cars are registered, and in Canada there are 843 cars. The reason lies in possible problems with the power steering. Relevant information has already been recorded in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Department of Transportation Canada. A malfunction can occur due to corrosion of aluminum bolts, which are designed to connect the amplifier to the gear housing. As a result, the hydraulic booster may fail.
Note that this problem is most relevant in countries with cold climates, where anti-icing reagents are used on the roads.
Tesla has already reported that the replacement of the mounting bolts will be free of charge. In this case, the steering gear will be diagnosed and, if necessary, it will also be replaced. At the moment, there were no breakdowns or accidents due to this malfunction.
- Tuned Porsche 911 GT2 becomes the world’s fastest street car at the Nurburgring
- Hongqi’s new 5m E-QM5 electric sedan unveiled
- Aston Martin unveils a special Vantage roadster to celebrate the A3’s 100th anniversary
- 2022 Hyundai Elantra N Announced Ahead Of Global Launch
- Brand new Mercedes GLC PHEV revealed in spy photos