Tesla allowed to sell Model Y in ChinaNovember 30, 2020
The American company received permission to sell the Tesla Model Y crossover, produced at the brand’s Shanghai factory along with the Model 3.
The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology published the marketing authorization for US electric crossovers produced at the Gigafactory in Shanghai on its website on Monday.
Note that Tesla is selling its locally made Model 3 electric vehicles in China and is expanding the Shanghai plant where they are manufactured to begin production of the Model Y, which will reportedly begin production early next year. The automaker applied for a Model Y permit earlier this month.
The automaker began shipping Model 3 vehicles from its Shanghai plant in December last year and sold more than 13,000 vehicles in China in October. The company began exporting Model 3s from China to Europe and said last week that it also plans to start producing electric car chargers in China in 2021.
- BMW X5 presented with 3D Design Aerodynamics Package
- Renault has created its own carsharing with electric Mobilize cars
- Rare 1937 Bugatti Type 57S up for auction
- Dutch car company Spyker goes bankrupt
- Launched production of the new crossover Tata Safari