Tesla abandons plans to build Model Y in NevadaJune 4, 2019
Currently, the company plans to assemble a crossover at a plant in Fremont (California, USA), although it was originally intended to be assembled at the Gigafactory site in Nevada (USA).
Tesla CEO Ilon Mask admitted that he was persuaded to build a Model Y on the existing assembly site. “At first I was skeptical about this, but my team convinced me that this is the fastest way to achieve mass production,” he said.
Earlier, Tesla faced significant difficulties in expanding the production of Model 3.
A recent unofficial report states that Tesla is reconstructing a Fremont plant to assemble Model S and X on the same assembly line. And, given that the Model Y is built on the same platform as the Model 3, it is expected that Tesla uses the same strategy for the sedan and the new crossover, the production of which should begin by the end of next year.
- Aston Martin DBS Superleggera accelerates to almost 322 km / h
- Peugeot began accepting orders for new crossovers 2008 and E-2008
- Tesla autopilot is far from ideal: the car drove on its own on the oncoming road
- Off-road vehicle from millionaire SCG Boot showed in all its glory on a trip through the desert
- Crossover from BYD “in the style of Mercedes-Benz” was shown in new photos