Tel Aviv installs traffic lights for smartphone-dependentMarch 15, 2019
Modern traffic lights are being tested in Tel Aviv, which are designed to save the lives of so-called “sombies” or “smartphone zombies,” JewishNews reports.
The fact is that smartphones have recently become more and more often the cause of accidents – due to the fact that some pedestrians do not lift their eyes from the phone even while crossing the roadway.
The peculiarity of these traffic lights is that even without raising their eyes from the phone a pedestrian “smombi” will notice the switching of the color of the traffic light. When you can cross the road a narrow vertical lamp mounted on the sidewalk changes the light from red to green.
Switching the traffic lights will not go unnoticed even by a pedestrian who constantly looks at the screen.
- The render shows a sporty Nissan Z Proto for safari
- Toyota Hilux pickup presented in new Mako performance
- 2022 Mercedes-AMG CLS 53 spotted in tests
- Electric Ford F-150 will receive a generator to increase the range
- Tesla Model 3 electric cars will be equipped with batteries without cobalt