Technical genius Steve Wozniak lost faith in autonomous carsNovember 1, 2019
Previously, Steve Wozniak, a technical genius who in 1978 became one of the founders of Apple along with Steve Jobs, believed that fully autonomous vehicles are possible.
He thought that the time would come when robotic cars could understand and react to the road, like people without a steering wheel. The inventor hoped that Apple would become a company that would make fully autonomous cars a reality. Today, Steve Wozniak is no longer so optimistic about autonomous cars of the 5th level.
“I stepped back from the idea of autonomous vehicles. I really gave up. I don’t even know if this will happen in my life, ”Wozniak quoted Autonews at a J.D. conference. Power Auto Revolution in Las Vegas last month.
According to the co-founder of Apple, autonomous cars will work only “if we modify the roads and have certain sections that are well mapped and cleaned of garbage, and nothing unusual will happen, and there will be no road work.” these requirements are almost impossible to satisfy at the same time, at least when it comes to the entire road network of the country.
Wozniak also believes that consumer expectations for fully autonomous vehicles are not true.
- Half a century old pickup truck was abandoned in the desert. It has bullet marks on it
- Chinese BAIC builds electric sedan with advanced autopilot
- The head of Nikola leaves the post after accusations of fraud
- Iran is preparing to release an inexpensive sedan on the PSA platform
- The new Mercedes-Maybach S-class will be even more luxurious