Tata showed affordable crossoverFebruary 9, 2020
At the exhibition in New Delhi, the presentation of the Tata HBX subcompact concept SUV was held. In terms of dimensions, the new model has a length of only 3860 mm, and the distance between the axles is 2445 mm.
On the technical side, the novelty is identical to the low-cost Altroz hatchback, which is based on the front-wheel drive modular platform ALFA. According to assumptions, the cross will borrow from the “5-door” a gasoline 3-cylinder “aspirated” with a volume of 1.2 liters, but the engine performance will increase to 86 hp. and 113 Nm of torque. The transmission will not be surprising either: even the “conceptual” HBX got a 5-speed manual transmission.
Judging by the pre-production concept presented in New Delhi, the production model will retain the bold exterior design of the H2X prototype, which debuted at the Geneva auto show in 2019.
They will abandon the futuristic interior on an affordable model: the massive HBX will be equipped with a traditional Altroz-style interior with similar infotainment systems, analogue tidy scales and a similar steering wheel.
According to the assumptions of the Indian press, over the course of several years, the HBX cross will receive a fully electric variation, since the chassis architecture involves the production of electric vehicles and hybrids.
- Ford continues testing its “charged” crossover Puma ST
- Jaguar Land Rover may stop plants due to coronavirus
- Toyota recalls more than 44 thousand cars due to problems with the power plant
- Nissan launches a subscription service. Every day you can order a new model.
- This is a must see – the 1150-horsepower McLaren 720S rushes at a speed of 354 km / h