TAG Heuer – title partner of PorscheAugust 27, 2019
The next season, the Porsche factory team will debut in the electric car racing championship, and today it was announced that the famous Swiss watch manufacturer TAG Heuer will become its title partner.
This company and Porsche have a long history of cooperation in motorsport, which began back in the 70s of the last century: it was the sponsor of the Swiss rider Joe Sieffert, who successfully competed in endurance races from 1966 to 1971.
Also, McLaren cars in the mid-80s were powered by TAG-Porsche-branded engines, and the Woking team at that time won a lot of Grand Prix and championships, having twice won the Design Cup (in 1984 and 1985). Nicky Lauda won his third title in 1984, and Alain Prost became the champion in the next two years.
And now, the two companies are resuming cooperation, but already within the framework of Formula E – the new season of this series of growing popularity starts on November 22 in Saudi Arabia.
- Updated Cadillac CT5 gets V Performance package
- Mercedes has updated the luxury SUV Maybach GLS
- Cadillac Lyriq will get an incredible projection system on the windshield
- Tesla admitted: yes, our bumpers fall off, and blow off roofs
- 80-year-old retiree drives a Ferrari F40 daily