Suzuki Jimny celebrates 50th anniversaryApril 10, 2020
The legendary SUV was first shown in 1970.
The Japanese company Suzuki first introduced the Jimny compact SUV to the world in 1970. At that time, the model bore the LJ10 index. For 50 years of the car’s presence on the market, the brand has sold over 3 million units.
The first generation of the SUV was equipped with a 2-cylinder engine with a capacity of only 25 hp. and 33.4 Nm of torque. The model was a real key car, and its length and width were only 3 and 1.3 meters, respectively. However, the car had a dependent spring suspension and manual transmission.
The second generation Suzuki Jimny appeared in 1981, and a year later the company presented Samurai for export markets. The length of the car reached 3.55 meters, and the ground clearance was 240 mm.
Only in 1998, Suzuki released the third generation of Jimny with the JB33 index, which was distinguished by improved safety, high comfort, and the interior became more modern. In 2007, the SUV made a record climb to the volcano Ojos del Salado at 6688 meters above sea level.
- Tuners from Manhart unveil Mini JCW GP in iconic green
- Mini has prepared stylish special editions for two of its bestsellers
- GMC closed acceptance of orders for electric pickup Hummer Edition 1
- Volkswagen named the start of sales of the new Caddy
- A teaser for the serial version of Fisker Ocean appeared on the network