SUV Z may appear among Nissan modelsSeptember 23, 2020
Most recently, the Japanese automaker unveiled a new sports car, the Nissan Z Proto. It was the prototype of a sports coupe that could eventually grow into an entire Z family.
The appearance of different models with the Z nameplate in Nissan is not excluded, but the creation of such a family will have to wait.
It’s a common thing for automakers to assign a popular model from the SUV segment the sonorous name of some of their sports car or coupe. So, Ford has a Mustang Mach-E. Nissan may well add a crossover or SUV to the sporty Z family. The demand for such cars is growing, so the idea is quite promising.
According to the CEO of Nissan for global planning, Ivan Espinoza, the company is considering such an option. He did not give a more detailed comment, only hinting that it could very well be the Z SUV.
At the same time, he recalled that driving an SUV with a sporty character and a real sports coupe are two different things. However, in all fairness, it should be noted that sports SUVs also have their loyal fans.
Meanwhile, the Nissan Maxima sedan received a “jubilee” special version. It was prepared by the American division of the brand for the 40th anniversary of the model. A special 40th Anniversary Edition is available for the high-end Platinum trim. This is not only a changed design, but also new options.
- “Piece of cheese” with a jet engine sells for the price of a Kia Ceed
- The most powerful Toyota Camry against two “charged” Honda
- The rarest BMW M1 of the creator of the Boney M group will be sold at auction for 435,000 pounds sterling
- Polestar will put three new cars on the conveyor of a plant in China
- Images of the off-road Ford EcoSport Active 2021 appeared on the web