Sunday’s Formula 2 race is canceled after the death of HubertSeptember 1, 2019
The leadership of Formula 2 issued an official statement on the death of Antoine Hubert and the abolition of the Sunday race of the series.
“In Formula 1, Formula 2 and Formula 3 are shocked by the news of the death of Antoine Hubert after a terrifying accident in today’s race on the track in the Spa, in which three more riders participated.
We deeply condole the family of Antoine, his friends and fans. We sincerely sympathize with the entire Arden team.
Antoine has been a member of our paddock since 2017. He was a fantastic racer with a bright future. Last year he became the champion of GP3, this season he won twice in Formula 2 – in Monaco and at his home stage in Le Castella.
He was kind to everyone, his smile and optimism were transmitted to everyone around. We will miss him.
Out of respect for his memory, we canceled tomorrow’s race. ”
- Hamilton broke Schumacher’s “eternal” record, setting a historic achievement
- Drag racing: new Audi RS3 vs old Mitsubishi Evo 8
- The network has an image of the updated Nissan Rogue Sport
- Hypercar Mercedes-AMG One will receive more than 1200 horsepower
- US enthusiasts have made a unique car out of a GMC Sierra pickup