Subaru will sell hybrid cars in EuropeFebruary 17, 2019
Subaru plans to soon begin selling its hybrid cars in Europe, which are currently available only in Japan and the United States. The European premiere of these cars will take place next month at the Geneva Motor Show.
What specific hybrids Subaru will bring to Geneva is not yet known. We only know that they will be equipped with e-Boxer gas-electric engines (2.0 liter gasoline engine and electric motor). This power plant, by the way, was equipped with the concept of Forester Advance Sport, whose premiere was held recently at the Tokyo Motor Show. The Forester e-Boxer, presented in Singapore, had a total hybrid power output of 156 hp. and 253 Nm of torque.
Also, it is not yet known what kind of hybrid power plant we are talking about – a “soft” hybrid or a rechargeable hybrid powerplant (Plug-in Hybrid).
Earlier, representatives of Subaru hinted that the new generation WRX STI will receive a hybrid Plug-in Hybrid system. Due to new environmental regulations that have become more stringent than before, the Japanese will have to abandon the 2.5-liter boxer engine.
Subaru now sells hybrid XV and Crosstrek in Japan and the United States. It is possible that they, or Forester, just appear in Europe.
- Volkswagen is working on a compact crossover ID.1
- Mitsubishi completes production of the world’s first mass-produced electric car
- The perfect self-driving taxi Muvone presented in the coronavirus pandemic
- Amphicar small-capacity convertible amphibious will be on sale
- Ford is testing a manual version of the Bronco SUV