Subaru has updated two modelsJuly 21, 2020
The Japanese portal Car Sensor shared the relevant information.
According to the published data, the new Subaru Impreza WRX and WRX STI of the next generation will be equipped with a 2.4-liter FA24 turbo engine from the Ascent, Legacy and Outback models, where it produced 260 hp. and 376 Nm of torque. According to rumors, the Japanese are boosting this power unit to 400 forces and 490 nm of torque.
The move to the new engine is driven by the desire of customers to have a more responsive 2.4-liter engine under the hood, as well as a higher level of reliability. Of course, all the power will be transmitted to the road through an advanced all-wheel drive system.
As for the regular versions of the Subaru Impreza, they will be equipped with 1.5- and 1.8-liter supercharged engines. Their return is not reported, but it is said that after running them in a sedan, they can migrate to Crosstrek and Levorg.
- Two-storey motorhome announced in China
- Volkswagen begins deliveries of the new Taos to the USA
- BMW has announced a car with an innovative battery
- Stellantis presented four new platforms for electric cars
- McLaren sells its Woking headquarters for £ 170m