Stock and tuned BMW M5 Competition compared in racesApril 20, 2019
Experts of Top Gear magazine decided to check how the difference in 159 horsepower will affect the speed of two identical models. The tuners from the DMS atelier prepared a 774-strong “M-ku”, competing with the factory version for the 625 “horses.”
An interesting experiment was conducted on the track in drag racing competitions. Two identical BMW M5 Competition cars differed only in that one of them was reworked in the DMS studio. Of course, the entire competition process was videotaped.
Stock “M-ka” is equipped with a 4.4-liter biturbo V8 engine, capable of developing up to 625 horsepower and 750 Nm of torque. This allows the model to accelerate to “hundreds” in just 3.3 seconds. The maximum speed is limited to 305 km / h.
Tuned BMW M5 Competition received a boost of up to 784 horsepower and 880 Nm of torque. Also in the atelier eased the car by 10 kg. Unfortunately, the dynamic characteristics are not reported.
However, the result was expected – the tuned version of the DMC BMW M5 Competition won.
- Exclusive Lamborghini Aventador SVJ 63 Roadster covered with protective film
- There was a teaser for the Italian supercar Taraschi Berardo
- Beijing Radiance concept unveiled at Beijing Auto Show
- 2021 Dacia Sandero and Logan unveiled
- Genesis has published the first official photos of the crossover GV70