Sports car McLaren will get a hybrid V6April 4, 2020
The British corporation McLaren has plans to produce a younger sports car, which will receive a hybrid power unit based on the V6 engine.
According to Autocar, relying on its sources, the youngest sports car will be equipped with a hybrid V6: the debut of the new model, which has not yet received a name, should take place before the end of this year.
The most remarkable feature of an affordable sports car will be its assembly – unlike other British cars, it will not be a multi-liter V8, but a gasoline V6 with an electric motor.
The machine, which will have a hybrid unit, will acquire a range of electric traction a little more than 30 km, but the British brand in this case is more important to save curb weight and reduce fuel consumption, while reducing harmful emissions. According to brand leader Mike Flevitt, the use of batteries in a junior sports car is compensated by the use of lightweight composite materials.
- Forgotten for 20 years in a barn Ford Mustang sells for 15 thousand dollars
- See Hispano Suiza Carmen electric hypercar in motion
- Tesla on autopilot dodged a collision with a truck
- Porsche Taycan is four times more popular than Panamera
- Hyundai unveils concept cab of the future