Spanish car market continued to fall in JuneJuly 3, 2020
While neighboring France is once again seeing positive sales results, Spain cannot get out of the crisis.
June was the first month that all Spanish car dealers were allowed to return to work. Although the decline in June is much less than in May (-73%), sales are still far from normal. In June, the Spanish car market totaled 82,651 new cars. This is 37% less than a year earlier. From January to June, car sales in Spain fell 51% to 339 853 cars.
It is noteworthy that a negative indicator is not typical for all brands in the Spanish automotive market. For example, Volvo, Land Rover and Porsche in June showed sales growth in Spain by 15, 13 and 10 percent, respectively. Meanwhile, PSA and Volkswagen Group sales fell 70 and 50 percent, respectively, while Renault lost 41% in June.
In mid-June, the Spanish government announced an emergency plan to bring the auto industry out of a doldrums. A € 3.75 billion incentive program should provide this.
- Bis Industries will launch the Rexx dump truck
- Nissan has begun restructuring its business
- Fiat is preparing to release a new version of the electric car 500 EV
- Audi’s new technologies will make roads safer
- Toyota Camry 2021 will receive a complete set of XSE Hybrid