Spain’s car market breaks record in MarchApril 5, 2020
The reason was the outbreak of the coronavirus epidemic in the country and the announced quarantine compliance measures.
The Spanish Association of Manufacturers of Cars and Trucks shared data on sales of new cars in the country following the results of March of this year. Last month, sales of new cars set a new record – dealers managed to sell just 37,644 new cars, which is 69.3% worse than last year’s result for the same period. According to the results of the first quarter, the drop in demand is not so significant – “minus” 31%, in quantitative terms it is 218 705 sold cars.
Both local and foreign brands were affected. The most demanded in the market were cars of the Spanish brand SEAT, which were sold 4,917 times (-45.5%). The second most popular was the Japanese Toyota c indicator of 3 152 pcs. (-48.3%).
The Bronze rating goes to the German Volkswagen, whose cars are traditionally popular with the Spaniards – 2,790 cars were sold last month (-67.6%).
The worst dynamics among the leaders showed the fourth-place Renault (2,761 units, -73%). The Korean brand Hyundai closes the TOP-5 with the result of 2,467 sold cars (-46.8%).
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system